The booking options are either a medium size party, requiring up to 10 rooms (max. 20 people), or a larger party up to 14 (max. 28 people). Some beds are ‘zip and link’ and so convertible between a double or two singles. The beds can be made up either way if requested in time.
Periods of Stay
A weekend stay will normally include Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. A weekday stay would normally be for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Our normal check-in time is 4.00 pm, and check-out time is 10.00 am to allow the housekeepers to do the ‘change-over’.
Subject to other reservations made, we can be flexible.
Services provided within the price are:
- A Continental breakfast, consisting of a selection of cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurt, bread for toast, butter and marmalade on a self-serve basis. Guests make their own tea and coffee, toast, and cooked breakfast (unless they want this to be supplied as an extra)
- Bed linen and beds made up; towels
- Handwash, shower gel and toilet rolls in all bathrooms
- Room service to make beds and tidy up bathrooms is offered
- Sunday newspapers
- Wi-Fi throughout the house with high-speed connection
- Logs in the large log baskets by each fire (with further logs available)
- Filling the hot tub prior to the stay, and twice-daily checking of the chemical balance
- Tables and chairs set up in preferred layout for functions and dinners in the Billiard Room; tablecloths provided.
We provide a fully equipped kitchen with a double AGA, electric cooker, large freezer and washing-up machines, and you are welcome to borrow our crockery and cutlery.
Additional services including catering
You may wish to obtain on-site services additional to the inclusive ones, for example for catering or organised activities. Partly for insurance reasons, these must be arranged through the Sugnall Estate which will book on your behalf.
We have a list of local caterers with sample menus and prices. You are welcome to discuss matters with them, and we will book on your behalf after you have indicated your choices. A deposit for the caterer’s services would be required 3 months prior to the stay, and the remainder one month prior.
With a day’s notice we can provide a full cooked breakfast upgrade at an additional cost. We can also provide a packed lunch / hampers if you will be out.
We can also arrange for activities off-site, such as off-road driving, spa treatments, shooting, fishing, horse riding, cycling, children’s adventure activities, etc. Much information on local suppliers is published on the website under ‘In the Area’.
We have a list of local suppliers for other services on-site including archery, photography, flowers, cocktail lessons, hair-dressing and make-up and beauty treatments. Just ask.
Further services that can be requested:
- Purchase and delivery of daily papers
- Change of bed linen during the stay
- Waiting staff to serve drinks and meals
- Maid service for washing up, washing and/or ironing
- Bar and barman